Monday, September 1, 2014

Laboring Away Blog Hop {Good-bye Summer..Hello Fall Tablescape}

I hope you all are having a fabulous long weekend. Can you believe that summer is coming to an end? It always seems bittersweet to me. I love summer, but am usually very ready for fall to come. The cooler weather brings color, football, texture, warmth and naps on the couch!

Today, I am honored to be a part of a fun blog hop featuring these amazing ladies:


Each of us are sharing a DIY that we have currently tackled. Make sure to hop on over to each blog for a special DIY as well as lots of inspiration...you won't be disappointed! Sarah from 702 Park Project, Mary from Lemon Grove Blog and Brittany from Brittany French. Some talented ladies!

*********************************************************************************
Today I am sharing a "So Long Summer, Hello Fall" Tablescape. Since I am a HUGE fan of mexican food, I decided to create a sort of nacho bar theme. And the real reason...I have been dying to use my plates and bowls from Mexico!



















All of the bright colors still remind me of summer, but the added texture with the napkin ring and place mat overlay bring in a bit of fall. The green place mat is actually a napkin draped over the side of the table. The little overlay was made on my Silhouette and I love how it adds another layered element. Can you believe that those navy and white striped napkins are actually paper napkins from target? Yep! The sunflowers also say summer, but the burnt red color says fall.

I am loving the mix of both seasons. How about you? Are you sad to see summer go or are you excited for the season ahead?

Don't forget to stop by and see what these lovely ladies have created.... Sarah, Mary & Brittany

2 comments:

  1. I love your Mexican dishes! If I was rich, I'd have a different dishes every day. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those dishes and all the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews