Monday, September 8, 2014

{DIY} Colorful Umbrellas

This post is just perfect to start this raining week here in NC! We are literally going to see rain everyday. I am not very excited about that, but it will help me stay inside and get some projects finished.

I have seen some great umbrella inspiration around the web lately.

photo 1-Originial photo taken by Studio DIY for ScotchBlue

It got my wheels turning and I decided to try my hand at painting a couple of umbrellas using ScotchBlue TM Original Painter's Tape. Studio DIY for ScotchBlue had a great tutorial on how to paint her fruit umbrellas, so I used their ideas and expanded a bit to create my own.




Supplies Needed:
*Umbrellas (I got mine at Target)
*ScotchBlue TM Originial Painter's Tape
*Acrylic Paint
*Textile Medium
*Foam Brushes



Strawberry Umbrella Steps:
* Start by taping off the green stems of the strawberry with ScotchBlue TM Painter's Tape.
*Mix one part textile medium to two parts green paint.
*Using your foam brush, paint green stem. (Because my green paint seemed a little thin, I had to paint three coats.)
*Using a small paint brush or Q-tip add the yellow seeds sporadically around the umbrella.
*Peel the ScotchBlue TM Painter's Tape off the umbrella and WHA-LA!









Lime Umbrella Steps:
***I used the same directions for Studio DIY's Lemon Umbrella. It was a bit time consuming, but I think it turned out better than the strawberry!






What do you all think? Wouldn't these be a fun Pinterest party project? So glad I finished these little beauties, so I can actually use them in the monsoon we are having today! Happy Monday All! 



**ScotchBlue TM Painter's Tape sent me the tape to complete this project. However, all opinions are my own and additional products used in this project were selected by me.**

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea!!! I think after I am moved and settled in, I will have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, amy! these look awesome. and how gute are you under that umbrella? totes adorbs, is what. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews