Monday, January 6, 2014

HGTV Dream Home 2014

Well hello there Monday! I hope all of you are staying safe and warm wherever you may be. I have heard from a number of friends that the weather seems frightful and cold in some places around the USA today. We are suppose to be in the low 20's in North Carolina tomorrow. That is really cold for here!!

Today we are talking about the HGTV Dream Home 2014! I get so excited every year at this time to see what location they come up with. This year it is in the Lake Tahoe area. Have any of you been there before? I would love to visit and see all the amazing sites. If you are into hiking, skiing, running, biking, etc...this place is for you!

Front of the Home

This year the HGTV team built a magnificent Modern Mountain Home. It has so many amazing rustic features mixed with modern touches. It is definitely one of my favorite homes they have built to date. As you can see from the picture above, they have separated the living area from the sleeping area with a large foyer in between. There are large windows on either side of the home for viewing the perfect scenery! The best part...this home is totally surrounded by nature. Doesn't it seem so relaxing?



The outdoor space is amazing with the balcony off of the family room, outdoor fireplace for entertaining and a full outdoor kitchen as well! 


Let's take a look at the inside...shall we?


The grand foyer separates the living/dining area from the rest of the sleeping/playing area. Once again large windows to view all sides of this amazing home!



This amazing kitchen has some wonderful elements of nature including those wood beams, a rustic reclaimed wood back splash near the sink and how about that cascading granite waterfall island!? It can easily fit 5 bar-stools for breakfast or parties. The kitchen is wide open to the dining area as well as the living room creating a huge spacious area for entertaining and/or enjoying the views. 



Beautiful dining area with open shelving and take a look at the different pendant lighting hanging above the table. So different...they add such an element of surprise!



The kitchen also flows nicely into the living room area. There are so many rustic and cold materials in this space with the metal/wood beams, windows & stone fireplace. They had to warm this room up somehow and I think they did a fantastic job with the furniture and accessories by Ethan Allen. Loving the cozy rug and that punch of yellow.




On the other side of the grand foyer is the master suite. How fabulous is this space? I would never have to leave. I love the metallic fireplace against the plush velvet seating. They really thought of Every.Single.Detail.



Umm...Hello! This spa like master bath is also filled with amazing textures from the wood-like tile floors to the ceramic stand alone tub to the metal pendant lighting. Imagine looking out the window while soaking in that tub! Are you with me?



The second floor leads to two more bedrooms and a huge family room with more amazing views.



Wouldn't the kids absolutely die for this space!? What you don't see are the four small televisions that each bunk can see from lying down. No one would fight about what they get to watch. Genius!





Relaxing guest room & bathroom. Not sure my guests would ever want to leave!



The family room is another fantastic space to entertain, watch movies or curl up and read a book. Would have never thought a persimmon color on the couch would look as amazing as this!


If you are in the market for a new home, you can win this HGTV Dream Home 2014 by clicking HERE. It also comes with an amazing GMC Denali and $250,000 in cash. I have been entering daily and I am crossing my fingers that we will have a vacation home in Lake Tahoe! (kidding of course) But seriously... if I win...I will invite all of you over for a party! Sound fair?


This is definitely not my typical style of home, but I think I could live with it! How about you? What features stand out to you?

Have a fabulous Monday my sweets!



**P.S. I was not compensated for this post in anyway. I just like sharing fun spaces with all of you!**

6 comments:

  1. While I was watching, I was planning who would sleep where and the parties I would throw. Ha! So fun to see it all again, here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....it is always fun to think about what I would do with each room and who I could invite to some major parties! It is always fun to dream...right?

      Delete
  2. The house is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing it with us. My favorite year was HGTV Dream House in the Florida Keys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That was a good one! I also loved the one on Kiawah Island. I think that was last year or the year before! I love me some beach homes.

      Delete
  3. Kids' room and guest room are, hands down, my favorite. What a beautiful spot!! Makes me craave the mountains!... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews