Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Updating our Dining Room Chandelier

I have a quick post for you all today! You know that most of the time I work from home. I am in charge of all of the pendings and listings for our real estate business. Well...I switch it up and sometimes need to work downstairs where there is more light and a different change of scenery. I really should just stay in my office because then I would stay out of decorating trouble.

Last week I decided to work at the dining room table. After every email I would look up and see my little beauty chandelier.


I bought it four years ago from a local lighting store. It is pretty traditional with a little bit of whimsy. As I gazed up at it throughout the day, it became clear to me that it needed a little change. Nothing crazy...but just a little update.


I decided to change out the light bulbs for a more modern look. I love when something so traditional can also become a bit modern.



I added these round bulbs and I couldn't be happier! Not sure how many visitors will really notice, but I will notice and that is whats most important...right?





What do you all think? Do you like the more traditional look with the pointy bulbs or the modern look with the round bulbs?

They are keepers for now in my book!

Linked up: Liz Marie Blog & Thrifty Decor Chick & Suburbs Mama

14 comments:

  1. I like the round bulbs! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new modernized look. What a simple and easy change that makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! It was an easy update and I love it!

      Delete
  3. I love the round bulbs Amy, they really change the whole look of you chandelier. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chandy and love it even more with round bulbs!!! I think I'm going to do the same to mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! I was trying to convince my dad to use them this weekend, but with no luck. Your dining room looks beautiful!
    Abby M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the round bulbs! I switched out my pointy ones for round ones right around Christmas and love the difference! Crazy how something so simple makes such a big impact! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! I agree...such an amazing change for so little price! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. love your chandelier. Thank You so much for sharing on last weeks party. Hope to see more from you on my next party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews