Wednesday, June 18, 2014

{Sweet Summertime} Mantel Decor

If you have been following along for a while you know that I like to change up my mantel decor for the holidays. My Fall Mantel this year was pretty simple with touches of gold, while my Halloween mantel can be quite spooky. My favorite holiday to decorate for is Christmas. This year I also kept my Christmas mantel simple and cozy.

After the New Year I usually get burned out of changing up the mantel and it stays pretty simple with a couple of vases, layered pictures and candles for the rest of the Spring and Summer. This year I had the urge to create a relaxing and "sweet" summer mantel. I was inspired by the song "Summertime" by Kenny Chesney.






















I used my Silhouette cutting machine to cut out "Sweet Summertime" onto white vinyl. I brought some books down from my office. They are wrapped in old flight maps from my husband's uncle who is a pilot. I thought turning the books around to show the pages gave it more of a natural feel. The small air plants are from West Elm. (Who knew plants could be so easy to take care of!) The driftwood was found on the beach at my childhood lake home. The little lady is a gift from my mother-in law. She usually sits on my dresser (the bust, not my mother-in law..hehe). The fiddle fig stem is cut off from my indoor plant and the vase is Nate Berkus from Target (old). The little gumballs or sweetgums were sprayed gold at Christmas time and I felt the mantel needed one more element. Love these little cuties.

So that's it my friends! Just a little quick and easy summer mantel pulling items from around my home. Now its time to enjoy all the pleasures of Sweet Summertime!

Confession Time...what is on your mantel right now? Do you change your decor with the seasons or do you leave the same items up all year?

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Great job! Love the combination of the driftwood and greenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! The pictures don't do it justice, but I am loving the more relaxed feel of summer in my home. Hope you are off to a great week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews