Thursday, February 2, 2012

{Valentines} Mantel Makeover

I am not usually one for decorating a whole lot for Valentine's Day. Last year I put up a heart wreath wrapped in dark pink ribbon on the front door. It was pretty, but I think the two love birds enjoyed it more than me.....

Seriously! Isn't that amazing? I was walking down my stairway when I saw them sitting on my wreath! I can't believe I got the camera before they flew away!!

This year I was determined to add a little Valentines to my mantel. I saw this fantastic idea on pinterest and knew it was up my alley. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and wanted to use what I had around the house.

First, I made these heart beauties from some paint swatches. I was a little embarrassed by taking so many shades of red and pink from the store, but thought they wouldn't mind! I mean...they wouldn't have them out to take if they didn't want you to take them right?



I also found this Free Printable and decided to use an extra frame I had lying around the house.

The little red vases are from Crate & Barrel as a Christmas gift last winter.


My only purchase for this whole makeover was the metal X and O. I was at the mall last week and Restoration Hardware had 75% off everything in the store because they were moving locations! I was so pumped! These large metal letters are normally $69 each! CRAZY! I think I got both of them for like $30!




I brought a branch in from outside and added a few hearts......


And.....




Wait For IT......








Pretty awesome huh? I think it adds a little fun and of course LOVE to my livingroom!



I am really enjoying my mantel transformations over the past few months:



              Halloween Mantel                                                   Fall Mantel






            Christmas Mantel                                                 Valentines Mantel


Do you decorate for Valentines Day?

Linked up at: Decor Chick &
Home Stories A2Z

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to see how you've switched things up throughout the seasons? Love the paint chip garland and seriously love the lovebirds :) :) :)! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideas are always so cute, Amy! I love these mantel ideas... your Valentine's Day one might be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! It was a fun project and I enjoying looking at it each day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews