Thursday, February 12, 2015

Last Minute Valentine's Ideas

Well hello! I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Who knew all the appointments, classes and tours that come with expecting babies!? Not me...obviously. I told my husband it is like having another full time job just keeping up with appointments. Y'all never warned me!

Well I am back today to talk Valentine's Day. My mom always made Valentine's Day special. She still makes a pot roast and her most delicious heart bread to this day. We will be gathering with family on Saturday night to celebrate.


Last year I hosted a Valentine's Tea for all of my sweet friends. You can see the details Here. I so wanted to do that again this year, but really at 28 weeks pregnant... I don't have the energy. So I have been searching some fun last minute ideas to share with all of you instead!


1. Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats
Of course I had to start with something yummy! I think I might have to make this tomorrow and I can guarantee I will be eating half of the recipe myself! Stop on over to Inspired by Charm for the details!




2. Free Printables:  Valentines Cards & Envelopes
These are absolutely adorable. I love that they can be interchanged and feel more personal than buying a card from the store. Plus they save big money! Have you noticed how expensive cards are now a days? Download this full set Here.




What a fun and inexpensive gift idea! You could create this for your significant other or for your child. I started working on this one for the Hubs. We will see if I can finish it in time. All you need is a deck of cards, a hole punch and a ring clasp (which you can find at staples). You can either type the words or write them with a sharpie. Tutorial Here





What a fabulous idea! If you are staying in for Valentine's Day this year or just want to make breakfast extra special for the kids, why not create your own table cloth or runner. It doesn't have to be expensive. Use an old sheet or left over fabric laying around the house. Add some black paint and presto......




These would be so easy and so much fun for kids. And...the fruit counteracts the donuts...right?





Also...do you need a little help on what to wear for Valentine's Day? My friend Megan put together two great outfits that are casual enough for a stay at home party or a night out at a friend's house. You can check out the sources here. If I wasn't preggo I would be buying that adorable Red Cami! And how comfy does that heart sweater and boyfriend jean combo look?




So what are you all up to for Valentines this year? I am thinking we are going to celebrate tomorrow night and try to avoid some of the crazy crowds. Or...we are going to order pizza in with a movie. That actually sounds so delightful! 

XOXO

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews