Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Table {Using what you have}

Can you all believe that Thanksgiving in the US is two weeks from today!? I am going crazy thinking about all of the holiday shopping I still have left to do. Everyone might just get gift cards this year!

Since we are staying in town for Thanksgiving I started playing around with items that I have around the house to create a fun and sophisticated Thanksgiving Table Setting. The only thing I invested in this year were these cloth napkins from World Market. The rest of the items I found around my home and I also added some touches from the outdoors. Mother Nature is such an amazing source for making your table a magical vignette.






I just love pulling out all my antique plates and silverware this time of year. My gold rimmed plates and serving-ware were my grandmothers. She loved the holidays and always had her table set days in advanced before thinking about what we were actually going to eat!



The crystal glasses were a wedding present 8 years ago and the gold flatware was given to me by my mother-in law because she never used it! WHAT?? I am crushing on everything gold this year.



I used two different place mats/chargers this year to give the table a little more texture. The bamboo place mats and table runner are from a adorable boutique up in Chautauqua, NY called Home Chic. She is the master at table settings and if you are ever in that area...you must go! The gold chargers are from Michael's last season and you can see that I used them on my last Thanksgiving Table



I like to keep the table simple and elegant. If there are too many items, then there isn't room for the food! I added some touches of nature with some fresh magnolia sprigs from my mom's yard. I also pulled the little white boo pumpkins from our Fall Mantel.



One of my favorite touches to this table setting are these adorable sweet gums that fall from the trees around here. I gave them each a little spray of gold paint and added a little velvet ribbon in the similar color palette pulled from the napkins.






I love the simplicity of this table setting but also the elegance with the gold, white & crystal combination. You could use some of these same ideas for Christmas and New Years by adding some colorful glass ornaments in place of the pumpkins and a sprig of holly or rosemary in place of sweet gums.

Have you all started thinking about the holidays? What are some of your favorite vintage items you like to decorate with?


Linked to:  Serenity Now & Liz Marie Blog

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful table. I have started putting away things I know I am always running to get last minute (extra boxes, gift wrap, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I need to start pulling my items down from the attic!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!!! What a cute way to use the sweet gum balls that we have in abundance here in NC :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those sweet gums are a pain but I am loving them in fall and winter decor this year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews