Thursday, January 19, 2012

Master Bedroom Update

If you have been following me for a while, you know that my master bedroom is a work in progress. I have shared with you some before pictures here.

The space has definitely been transformed and I am almost ready to at least show you some "In progress" pictures.....but not quite yet!

Here is was my long to do list:

  • Paint Walls & Tray Ceiling
  • Create Gallery Wall (see gallery wall here)
  • Recover seat cushion on chair & add edging (DIY-victorian chair)
  • New Grommet Drapes
  • New Bedside Lamps (HomeGoods finds)
  • New Bedding
  • Make Euro Pillows with dove fabric
  • Spray paint bedside tables white (DIY side tables)
  • Change out knobs on large dresser
  • Add some throw pillows with color (being shipped!)
  • New Artwork above bed (still deciding)
  • Change out Fan for light fixture (sorry…Hubs said the fan must stay!)
I would say that I have accomplished a lot! I really do feel good about the space.
 
 
Here was my inspiration board for the space:

I wanted cool, neutral walls with some splashes of color in the accessories. Since we have carpeting in our bedroom, I decided against the rug for the time being. This will save a little money for other items in the room.

I think this room will always be in "transition" because I am constantly changing items and adding to the design. Do you ever feel that way about a space in your home?


I also found this amazing pillow designer on Etsy! So....now I am just waiting for these little beauties to arrive by the weekend:

Two of these..

....and one of these!


I can't wait to add some "pops" into my bedroom!

What do you think so far?

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    This project should be your "Imagine the Impossibilities" challenge entry.

    I've joined up with 5 talented bloggers for an "Imagine the Impossibilities" challenge that culminates in a multi-blog link party on Jan. 31.

    It's all about taking on your most daunting task ... and you can find out more at this link ...

    http://itallstartedwithpaint.blogspot.com/2012/01/mission-impossibilities.html

    There's still time to get in on the fun ... oh, and if you blog about your participation, give me the link in my comments thread and I'll blog about you next weekend!

    xo
    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you finished the room? Can't wait to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christian! The room is pretty much finished, but can you believe that I haven't updated the pictures! Hopefully very soon! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews