Friday, July 27, 2012

Answering my Readers- Laundry Storage Solutions

Happy Friday All! Has this week gone as fast for you as it has for me?? I am excited for a weekend of projects and of course some Olympic Games!

Over the past year I have really tried hard to answer my reader's questions. I take a little time out of each day to respond to comments and questions. For some of you, you may never see my answer and that is because you are a no-reply blogger! If you aren't sure how to change that read about it here.


Well.... last week I received a great question from a reader about my laundry closet makeover:

My wife and I love this idea and are using this as inspiration to clean up our laundry room. We usually buy the large size laundry detergents. (The one that lays on it side with a spout hanging over the edge) Do you have any suggestions as to how to possibly hide it so it's not out in the open?


I did look through some great sites to find out how to hide those great big laundry detergents. The first thing that came to mind was to get some kind of large bin that would fit those large detergents in and possibly cut a small hole for the spout to stick through. That way you could still use the large detergent, but also have it hidden behind something pretty like:




I also found this fabulous idea that makes your detergent look a little prettier! Fill a drink dispenser with detergent and use a unique measuring cup! Love it!



If you had room between your washer and dryer I recommend this great organizational system:

Contemporary Storage And Organization design by Taylor Gifts via


For more great Laundry organization tips visit Southern Living- 10 Ways to Organize the Laundry room or Better Homes & Gardens- Laundry Room Storage Solutions.

And...if you missed my laundry closet makeover, hop on over here!

Have a wonderful weekend and try to stay cool!

7 comments:

  1. Love the drink dispenser idea -- brillant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love the idea too! Hope to use it someday.

      Delete
  2. I love the detergent dispenser. How clever!

    Lura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. How genius to use a drink dispenser! I've pined over the glass storage that people use for their dry detergent, so I'm glad to have an equally beautiful alternative.

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea myself! So glad I could inspire! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews